Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day #3 Christmas music

Day 3 - Christmas music I love Christmas music. Every year it seems that I discover a new song that I really like. A few years ago, Kelli & Mark gave us tickets to see the Casting Crowns Christmas tour (which was an a amzing concert!). My friend, Nicole, went to it in Louisiana a few nights before we went in St. Louis & she called me & said to listen up when Natalie Grant sang "I Believe." That song is now one of my all time favorites & I listen to it all year long.
Joy introduced me to "Winter Snow" that Audrey Assad sings with Chris Tomlin - another I can listen to all year long.
Francesca Battistelli has two Christmas songs I love, "You're Here" from her Christmas cd & then "Be Born in Me" from the music inspired by The Story.
I have enjoyed both of Mariah Carey's Christmas albums. I love all of Jim Brickman's Christmas ones, too. 4Him Christmas has been a favorite for years. "Breath of Heaven" is a favorite year after year. Amy Grant is a Christmas standard for me.
My all time favorite not-about-Jesus Christmas song is "Merry Christmas, Darling" sung by Karen Carpenter.
I bought the Matthew West Christmas cd last year right after the holidays, but I've made myself wait to listen to it. Only a few more weeks! Please comment & tell me your favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment