Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day #18 Randomness

It's day #18 and I'm wracking my brain about what to write about today.

So here goes some randomness.

Tomorrow night, we are going to see Brandon Heath & Matt Maher in concert and I'm just a little bit excited about it. And the concert is only 10 minutes away from our house!! Woohoo! No two hour drive after it's over.

Jay is picking up our/my new chair today. I "shop" so thriftily 90% of the time (which I do enjoy) that to get something brand new is such a treat. Come over to our house. And if you are really nice, I might invite you to sit in the new chair. Why am I so excited? It's a chair, for crying out loud. It's a mystery.

I'm in a bit of a dilemma. One of the most exciting things to me about joining in with the people at Second is the wide variety of ministry opportunities that I could be a part of. I had heard about this for a few years before I even knew being here was a possibility. What I had not considered was how hard it is to figure out exactly where the best place is for me to serve. There are 4 areas that get me jazzed but there is no way I can do them all. So, I'm making myself sit back, wait and I'm asking God to show me the place He has for me.

The next two weekends, I will be at Baptist Hill camp, working with grade school girls at the fall GA retreats. GA's are close to my heart! I remember as a little girl, going to GA's on Wednesday nights at church. We read about places all over the world and the missionaries called to serve there. We tasted food from other places and played games from other cultures. We read stories of the missionaries' experiences. And we prayed for them, on their birthdays, after reading the prayer calendar. So the next two weekends, I will get to tell a few hundred girls all about my trip to Sierra Leone summer of 2011.  And hopefully, convey the message to these girls that whatever talents and gifts we have, God can use those for His honor and glory, if we make ourselves available to Him. It's going to be a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment