Tuesday, November 30, 2010

radical…the last chapter

I have so enjoyed the way I have read this book – along side people I don’t know, but are on the same journey.

Today, Marla is hosting a Radical celebration & giving away prizes. Check out her blog!

I’m finishing up with the questions Marla posed today:

Question #1: How is your life different because of reading Radical? (Tell me something cool God is doing/has done.)

Question #2: How can we pray for you as look forward to 2011 and living radically?

#1.  My life is different now because my perspective has changed.  I am looking beyond myself & beyond the other three people that I live with.  I have been sensing God leading me to be involved with the foster kids in this area, just not sure how, in what way.  Well, tonight I am attending an informational meeting/training for mentors for the Transitions program.  This is for students who are graduating from high school, and transitioning out of the foster care system.   Mentors work with their students through their sophomore year in college, educationally, socially, emotionally & I hope, spiritually.  I have butterflies in my stomach!  What if? What if? What if? I’m not letting my mind go to all those what if’s right now.  Except, what if…God uses this student in my life to make more like Him? What if God uses me to truly make a difference in this person’s life?   I’m going tonight, to get more information, and see what happens.

#2.  Wow. How can you pray for me? Pray that I will be aware of God directing me, daily, hourly.  And pray that I will be obedient when He does. 

I’d love to hear your thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. I think you are a really awesome creation of God's. Your heart is so big! I have been thinking for some time about volunteering for CASA. Since I am a lawyer I feel that I could really help out children and use my legal experience to their benefit. It is a big committment so I am still thinking about it and need to be praying about it and not thinking about it. I am anxious to hear how your meeting goes! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete