Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Radical…the last chapter

Radical…the last chapter of the book, but surely not the last chapter of the new work that God has begun in me.

I’ve been along with  marla and others for this Radical read-a-long, and here we are, on the last chapter.

Marla has posed these 3 questions for this post:

#1.   Which of the 5 components are you most jazzed about?

I am most jazzed about…“Spend your time in another context.”  I like where David Platt said, on pg. 200 “Going starts where we live, but it doesn’t stop there.”  I love it!  It’s not Brookside Blvd OR Sierra Leone, it’s Jefferson City AND Sierra Leone, AND inner city St. Louis, etc.   pg. 203 “The point is not where we go, how we get there, or even how long we stay.  The point is simply that we go.”

#2. Which one do you think will be the most challenging? 

The one that will be the most challenging for me is …“Spend your time in another context.”  How about that? Most exciting & most challenging.  This one will be the most difficult for me, because giving my time is even harder than giving money.  I don’t mean those 10 days in May in West Africa, I mean daily life, giving myself to the ones God will be placing in my life. I know it’s from Him, I know the desire in my heart to minister & step out of my comfort is from Him, but honestly, it is still hard. Hard, but not impossible.  Thank you, my Father, for not leaving it all up to me.

#3.  Any plans for the coming year you’d like to share? ARE YOU IN??

Yes! Plans, plans, plans!  Trip in May, which by the way, is open to anyone who would like to come along!  just say the word.  And, Jay & I are planning (in Feb when our next semester of Life groups start) on a Life group that is centered around serving others.  Every other week, we will do some sort of Bible study, and the opposite week, we will be out in the community, serving somehow.  We haven’t figured out all the details, yet, but we are working on it.  We want it to be serving in ways that we can serve along side katie & Mary Margaret, things all 4 of us can do together.  We are also planning to go on a mission trip this summer, to inner city St. Louis or Kansas City. 

Those are our specific plans of going, we have other plans, too, that we are still discussing amongst the 4 of us.

Exciting times are ahead…

what about you? any thoughts to share?

3 comments:

  1. Crazy Excited!!!!!! About everything you said in this Blog Niki!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing and having a true servant heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niki! This is so exciting! Sierra Leone, the Life Group, all of it!! Woohoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very exciting stuff. I am not quite to the last chapter but getting there. Your family is very inspiring. I am thankful that God crossed our paths! Have a very blessed day! See you tonight!

    ReplyDelete