Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Radical means…chapter 7

“ The church is Plan A.  There is no plan B.”

In this chapter, basically the author goes through 7 truths from the Word, specifically, from Romans.  “All people have knowledge of God, all people reject God, all people are guilty before God , all people are condemned for rejecting God, God has made a way of salvation for the lost, people cannot come to God apart from faith in Christ, and Christ commands the church to make the gospel known to all peoples.”

I am still processing all of the above.

He concludes the chapter writing about how people “search” for God’s will.  A friend reminded me not too long ago that God’s will for me isn’t hidden (thanks, Ms. Barbara! I haven’t forgotten!).  The author goes on to say, that “the will of God is for you & me to give our lives urgently and recklessly to making the gospel and the glory of God known among all peoples, particularly those who have never even heard of Jesus Christ.”

The author then writes, instead of asking the question “What is God’s will?” we should be asking “Will I obey God’s will?”

If God’s will includes me living by & obeying His Word, which I believe it does, when am I going to stop picking & choosing the parts I want to obey, and ignoring those I don’t?

No comments:

Post a Comment