The first thing we did after we closed on this house was strip this wallpaper. It came off quickly & relatively easily, which was wonderful. Jay pulled up the linoleum & we started painting.
Side note – I sent in my “decorating dilemma” to a blog that I regularly read. She posted it & people wrote in with their suggestions. It is interesting to read others’ ideas. Check it out if you’d like http://alltogethernowdesign.blogspot.com/2009/10/window-treatments.html
Click on “ok” when it pops up. She is no longer posting there.
Dana was one of many friends who pitched in to help.
Jason & Blake came & did some of the lighting & wiring.
I bought this fixture on Craigslist & painted it.
The hardwoods are in.
My grandmother gave us this table & chair set & it was “blonde.” A few coats of paint, and new fabric on the chairs & it fits this spot perfectly.
I found this piece at a yard sale, and it was pine before I painted it.
Before & After.