Thursday, July 29, 2010

The breakfast nook

house4 

The first thing we did after we closed on this house was strip this wallpaper.  It came off quickly & relatively easily, which was wonderful.  Jay pulled up the linoleum & we started painting.

Side note – I sent in my “decorating dilemma” to a blog that I regularly read. She posted it & people wrote in with  their suggestions. It is interesting to read others’ ideas. Check it out if you’d like http://alltogethernowdesign.blogspot.com/2009/10/window-treatments.html 

Click on “ok” when it pops up. She is no longer posting there.

k's bday, house & more 028

k's bday, house & more 079

k's bday, house & more 135

Dana was one of many friends who pitched in to help.

k's bday, house & more 082

Jason & Blake came & did some of the lighting & wiring.

k's bday, house & more 088

I bought this fixture on Craigslist & painted it.

november 09 009

The hardwoods are in.

november 09 056

My grandmother gave us this table & chair set & it was “blonde.” A few coats of paint, and new fabric on the chairs &  it fits this spot perfectly.

IMG_6494

I found this piece at a yard sale, and it was pine before I painted it.

house4IMG_6492 

Before & After.

No comments:

Post a Comment