19 years ago today, Jay & I had our first date. When we had been dating 6 months, I made him a list:
Top 10 Things I Love about Jay (September 15, 1992)
10. You let me eat your french fries when I don’t order any myself.
9. I like the way you walk.
8. I like the way you make me smile, especially when I have had a bad day.
7. When you’re hot, but I’m cold, you let me be warm while you suffer and sweat.
6. I like your dimples.
5. You make good spaghetti.
4. You always put others’ feeling before your own.
3. You leave me gushy notes on my car.
2. You let me read children’s books out loud to you for my library science class.
1. I love, absolutely LOVE to laugh with you. We have so much fun together. I’m glad you have become my best friend.
Here is the first picture we had take together:
And now, my new Top 10 Things I Love about Jay (April 15, 2011) in no particular order.
10. I love watching you with Katie & Mary Margaret, letting them know that you value time with them.
9. I love the way you say my name.
8. I love your work ethic.
7. I love laughing with you.
6. I love your patience with me. So thankful that hasn’t run out!
5. I love our long conversations, especially late at night, or on dates.
4. I love the way you put others before yourself. You are such a good example of a servant.
3. I love watching your relationship with Jesus Christ grow, change, & transform you.
2. I love the way you smile at me.
1. I love the fact that you authentic. You are the same, no matter where you are.
Happy April 15th!